Hi all, I noticed over the weekend that the `` tag in an ox-html document is populated with HTML when inline formatting like bold or italics is used. I'm running org 9.4.4 but even on HEAD <https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/9ea7ff5e2f8f9f280f8022cade62c1a3bba1478c/lisp/ox-html.el#L2092-L2111> this behavior seems to be the same where `(org-export-data title …)` is used to populate the title rather than something that would render the title textually. My understanding from MDN <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/title> is that `title` tags should never contain markup. Is this something we'd take a patch for? My thought is that the title should be converted using the text backend by default, perhaps with a configuration variable that would let you specify a different one (for instance markdown) but I wouldn't go that far at first. Of course at minimum since org is textual it could just use the title without exporting at all but I think that doesn't go far enough. The other possibility would be to somehow strip all special characters from the title but I think that goes much too far. Thanks in advance! -- In Christ, Timmy V. https://blog.twonegatives.com http://five.sentenc.es