Hi Emmanuel, Nearly everything in org-mode is configurable, so I think what you want is definitely doable. In addition to using `visible-mode` as suggested by Gustavo (this is maybe the easiest), you can also configure Org to show the emphasis markup characters: (setq org-hide-emphasis-markers nil) And to show the full markup of links: (setq org-link-descriptive nil) --Diego On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 3:35 PM Emanuel Berg via General discussions about Org-mode. wrote: > Russell Adams wrote: > > > I believe you can set your #+STARTUP on your file > > to "showall". > > Can I prevent hyperlinks from folding back and forth? > > I mean, with [[][]] ? > > Hm, maybe this will just go on and on if there is no > option to do it for real. The font-lock idea was > perhaps not so bad...? > > -- > underground experts united > http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573 > https://dataswamp.org/~incal > > >