Hi Tim, Funny - just a few minutes ago, before reading your message, I learned while installing https://github.com/stig/ox-jira.el, about = org-export-copy-to-kill-ring=: org-export-copy-to-kill-ring is a variable defined in ox.el. Non-nil means pushing export output to the kill ring. This variable is ignored during asynchronous export. In my brief testing, it does exactly what you want: regardless of the export output or method (to a file or to a temporary buffer), the result is placed in the clipboard. Best, --Diego On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:03 PM Tim Visher wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I'm interested in adding something to the export dispatcher that would > automatically put the exported text (or perhaps even file?) onto my > clipboard. > > Preferably I'd like to define this once and have it available to each > backend. So maybe I want markdown this time but rather than to a buffer or > file I want it to go straight to my clipboard. Next time I want HTML or > Plain Text but the same thing. > > Can anyone give me some hints on where to start looking for that? Or maybe > it's already been done? > > Thanks in advance! > > -- > > In Christ, > > Timmy V. > > https://blog.twonegatives.com > http://five.sentenc.es >