On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Monday, 30 Nov 2015 at 15:10, Dan Griswold wrote: > > Setting org-ellipsis (either via setq or customize) has no effect for me. > > Maybe show us how you actually do it? What version of org? What is > your intended result (just in case)? > > I have > > (setq org-ellipsis " ▸") > > in my customisation and it works just fine. > Thanks, Eric. It helped to know that it works for someone. Knowing that, I went into my .emacs file and did some testing. It turns out that there is some conflict with pp-c-l. These lines: (use-package pp-c-l) (pretty-control-l-mode 1) would mess up org-mode's use of org-ellipsis. I don't know why. But commenting out those two lines solves the problem for me. Regards, Dan