On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 10:07 AM Marco Wahl wrote: > André A. Gomes writes: > > > The project's documentation refers to headings and headlines as > > synonyms. Relying on a single definition would be beneficial. > > Agreed. E.g. no more thinking waste about the question if it is > headline or heading? > +1 > If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with heading. > > +1 > +1 > If the community finds this valuable, I could prepare a patch. > > +1 > +1 @André > There's a problem though. Function names would have to be changed, > which would have to wait for version 10 otherwise we'd ruin backwards > compatibility. It doesn't have to break things drastically. When such changes are made, you would define function aliases using `define-obsolete-function-alias'. And then that obsoletion warning is removed after a few years.