emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com>
To: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Cannot get the EXPORT_FILE_NAME override to work
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 17:02:51 +0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:41 PM Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:

> That does not work: you have to set #+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: foo for that.

That works.

But the node property should also have worked:

In (org) Export settings:

When exporting only a subtree, each of the previous keywords(4) can
be overridden locally by special node properties.  These begin with
‘EXPORT_’, followed by the name of the keyword they supplant, unless the
keyword already beging with ‘EXPORT_’.  For example, ‘DATE’ and
‘EXPORT_FILE_NAME’ keywords become, respectively, ‘EXPORT_DATE’ and
‘EXPORT_FILE_NAME’ properties.

> I don't know how narrowing interacts with export but the following
>
>    C-c C-e C-s h h
>
> works (assuming you are in the correct subtree at the time).

I tried with narrowing and that works.

=====
#+TITLE: Test overriding of export file name
# Below works
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: baz

* Heading 1
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: foo
:END:
# Above override does not work
I want to name the exported file as =foo.=(something). If I export to HTML,
it should be named =foo.html=.
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: hd2
* Heading 2
Stuff in heading 2
=====

I narrowed down to

=====
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: hd2
* Heading 2
Stuff in heading 2
=====

And that exported to hd2.html.. But this does not fit my requirement.. I
need to specify the export file name to be different for different
subtrees. So that publishing the whole project "eless-all" would put stuff
in their correct files in one go:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      `(;; HTML
        ("eless-html"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :with-tags nil
         :exclude-tags ("noexport" "readme" "wiki")
         :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
         :publishing-directory ,eless-doc-dir)
        ;; Info
        ("eless-info"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :with-tags nil
         :exclude-tags ("noexport" "readme" "wiki")
         :publishing-function org-texinfo-publish-to-texinfo
         :publishing-directory ,eless-doc-dir
         :completion-function my/org-texinfo-publish-to-info)

        ;; eless script
        ("eless-tangle"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :publishing-function org-babel-tangle-publish
         :publishing-directory ,eless-root-dir)

        ;; README.md
        ("eless-readme"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :with-toc nil
         :with-tags nil
         :select-tags ("readme")     ;Cannot have hyphens in tags!
         :publishing-function org-gfm-publish-to-gfm
         :publishing-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :completion-function eless/readme-completion-fn)

        ;; CONTRIBUTING.md
        ("eless-contributing"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :with-toc nil
         :with-tags nil
         :select-tags ("contributing")     ;Cannot have hyphens in tags!
         :publishing-function org-gfm-publish-to-gfm
         :publishing-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :completion-function eless/contributing-completion-fn)

        ;; Wiki Pages
        ("eless-wiki-tcsh"
         :base-directory ,eless-root-dir
         :with-toc nil
         :with-tags nil
         :select-tags ("wikitcsh")     ;Cannot have hyphens in tags!
         :publishing-function org-gfm-publish-to-gfm
         :publishing-directory ,eless-wiki-dir
         :completion-function eless/wiki-tcsh-completion-fn)
        ("eless-wiki"
         :components ("eless-wiki-tcsh"))

        ("eless-all-docs"
         :components ("eless-html" "eless-info"
                      "eless-readme" "eless-contributing" "eless-wiki"))

        ("eless-all"
         :components ("eless-all-docs" "eless-tangle"))))

--

Kaushal Modi