@Matt Correct. I have set org-footnote-auto-adjust to t. On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM Matt Lundin wrote: > Matt Lundin writes: > > > Gerald Wildgruber writes: > > > >> Matt, thanks! looking forward to any elucidation you can give on the > >> problem at hand! > > > > Could you tell me what the value of org-footnote-auto-adjust is on your > > machine? > > > > It seems on my end that the problem only occurs when > > org-footnote-auto-adjust is set to t. The problem seems to be line 556 > > of org-footnote.el, which reorders the footnotes *after* the position of > > the footnote definition has been saved. When I remove that line or set > > org-footnote-auto-adjust to nil, the cursor is positioned correctly. > > This patch should fix the issue. Testing is welcome. > > Matt > >