Understood Ihor I respect your position & predicament But I've published my public key address; I know you're an avid & prolific donor of free software--watch your code donations submitted daily--I'll continue to support free software forever of course & thanks very much to RMS & the FSF for starting the free software movement & supporting its growth for many years Suggest you stay away from PayPal & ALL the other methods you suggested--PayPal for example has been shutting down the accounts of "freedom fighters" & can & will continue to do so whenever they wish, for whatever reason they choose You have permission to use my name as your fake software developer "nom de guerre" & I can relay the funding to you in whatever manner you desire--PayPal is fine...until they ban me from that--notes can be made during the transaction of what the project is that you're developing or whatever & then I can relay the money I pay my taxes on crypto gains; but, if I make no money on the transaction in such a transaction, well then I owe no taxes, so I wouldn't have to worry about that--and what laws would you be violating in your country? None that I can think of Just out of curiosity: What country do you reside? Is it Russia? Last I heard Russia is accepting BitCoin for oil, right? I mean, just look what happened in Canada: Truckers used a funding site, funding site was shuttered & bank accounts seized & the list of everyone that donated was published "accidentally" If they used Monero instead, then NONE of the above problems would have manifested--Monero is as NOT trackable & its uncensorable On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 9:22 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Richard Stallman writes: > > > > I have been recently exploring Liberapay and stumbled upon > > > https://liberapay.com/about/teams. > > > > Is it possible to make a donation through Liberapay without running > > any nonfree software? Including nonfree Javascript software send > > by the site itself? > > > > And is it possible for the intended recipients to receive the money > > without running nonfree software including JS? > > > > If the answers are yes and yes, maybe that system is ethical and good. > > Otherwise, it is not a solution, only a different variation of the > problem. > > AFAIU, no and no. See > > https://list.orgmode.org/CAFm0skG_-80iQ-TO-hduvVt_GHQWosOHBeHJ61dyA=wNg8vc_w@mail.gmail.com/T/#m322d74a1efb4e3773ae2df7b6bda4505c4b5fa15 > > It looks like there is no free option as long as banks are involved. > > Cryptocurrencies are easier in terms of software freedom, but their > legal status is not stable (e.g. cryptocurrency is illegal in the > country I now live in). > > Best, > Ihor > >