* Donald Knuth created much for us, including TeX and a Literate Programming system called CWeb which helped to make C code documented in what he envisioned for Literate Programming ** A more generalized system that is based on CWeb is NoWeb--useful not just for C/C++ code but for every language: Recommend using NoWeb for Literate Programming: "NoWeb — A Simple, Extensible Tool for Literate Programming": https://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/ "As of 28 June 2018, the current supported version is version 2.12." {Author recommends against NOWEB 3.x} On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 9:54 AM Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: > > Greg Minshall writes: > > but i also feel a need for something that might be called a lab > > notebook, a development log, of ideas, including dead ends, i pursue > > during the development process, with links, etc.. but, i'm not really > > sure how to structure this bit, how to integrate it in the rest of the > > .org file -- i.e., as a separate heading, or related to the code section > > that (originally) was under development when the notes were created. > > or...? etc. > > I just add more sections/headings, sometimes tagged as :noexport: > > If need be, I add code-snippets with examples there. > > I feel that that’s the simplest way to do it. > > Best wishes, > Arne > -- > Unpolitisch sein > heißt politisch sein > ohne es zu merken >