emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Emacs brings itself to the foreground when preparing agenda with org-agenda-include-diary t
@ 2020-05-29  8:16 Friedrich Delgado
From: Friedrich Delgado @ 2020-05-29  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I've set up my emacs to prepare the org-agenda whenever I start it up.

While emacs starts up, I'm doing other things and it's frequently annoying
me that emacs brings itself to the foreground (with qtile, if that's
relevant).

I've come up with the following minimal configuration that reproduces the
issue for me (via emacs -Q -l ~/minimal-org.el):

,----[ minimal-org.el ]
(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "https://orgmode.org/elpa/") t)
(package-initialize)
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/lib/emacs/use-package/")
(require 'use-package)

(use-package org
:ensure org-plus-contrib)

(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(custom-set-variables
'(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/Org/Collect.org" "~/Org/Common.org"
"~/Org/Rechner.org" "~/Org/home/Familie.org" "~/Org/home/Haus.org"
"~/Org/home/Gesundheit.org" "~/Org/home/Musik.org" "~/Org/home/Rechner.org"
"~/Org/home/Sonstiges.org" "~/Org/home/Weiterentwicklung.org"
"~/Org/work/Cert.org")))
'(org-agenda-include-diary t))
`----

When I comment out org-agenda-include-diary or set it to nil, the behaviour
disappears.

When I comment out my extensive set of large org-mode files, the behaviour
disappears as well, but maybe just because I'm not fast enough to switch
away from emacs before it happens.

I'd like to be able to use org-agenda-include-diary but disable the
behaviour that emacs raises itself.

Please CC me in replies, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

For completeness, I've been asked to file an issue against qtile, because
they want to be able to prevent such behaviour from clients on the window
manager side, and they're also dealing with focus problems recently.
https://github.com/qtile/qtile/issues/1756

Best regards
Friedel

* Re: Emacs brings itself to the foreground when preparing agenda with org-agenda-include-diary t
@ 2020-09-05 13:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-05 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Friedrich Delgado; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Friedrich,

Friedrich Delgado <taupan@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to be able to use org-agenda-include-diary but disable the
> behaviour that emacs raises itself.

My guess is that the Emacs window pops up becaus of diary, not
because of Org.

> Please CC me in replies, as I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> For completeness, I've been asked to file an issue against qtile,
> because they want to be able to prevent such behaviour from clients
> on the window manager side, and they're also dealing with focus
> problems recently. https://github.com/qtile/qtile/issues/1756

I think this kind of configuration should happen on the window-manager
side indeed.

Best,

--
 Bastien