Bottom line: we can't expand org-html-mathjax-options to add in MathJax's cancel.js, etc. Yes, your first "quick-and-dirty" worked just fine. Q: How did you know how to format #+html: \(\require{cancel}\) ? Also, how does the org world know that we're talking about loading MathJax's cancel.js? As you all know I'm not a "developer-class" poster here, so my questions often look dull-witted. Will try the patch once I learn a bit more diff in Emacs lore. . . . On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Lawrence Bottorff writes: > > > I'm trying to get a typical Latex strikethrough with MathJax in an HTML > > export, i.e., \cancel{thing} puts line through "thing". This > > tells me how. But I > > don't know how to include this MathJax markup in an org file for HTML > > export. If I forego MathJax -- i.e., #+OPTIONS: tex:dvipng instead > > of #+OPTIONS: tex:t -- \cancel works, but I need to use MathJax. It > doesn't > > look like orhg-html-mathjax-options is expandable. . . . > > For now this works for me: > > #+html: \(\require{cancel}\) > \begin{equation} > \cancel{x = 1} > \end{equation} > > Cf. http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#tex-and-latex-extensions > You could also autoload the extension, cf. https://github.com/mathjax/ > MathJax/blob/master/test/sample-autoload.html > > > That being said, I don’t think extensions were available at the time > #+HTML_MATHJAX was introduced. We could add extension support, but the > questions would be whether to add them to #+HTML_MATHJAX or make a new > keyword, e.g. > > #+HTML_MATHJAX_EXTENSIONS: ext1 ext2 ... extN > > I guess it would default to the "autoload-all" extension. > > One issue is that some of them have configuration options, like "noError". > > If you want, you can try the attached patch. > > Rasmus > > -- > Vote for proprietary math! >