Once again, I can add to the description of my problem. Running M-x org-open-at-point also returns "Running less ..." When using Mouse-2, a small menu appears that gives a few choices: Open C-cC-o Open in Emacs Copy link Cut link Grep for TODOs Clicking on Open in Emacs does the right thing. ???? Alan On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote: > By the way, even C-cC-o returns this same problem on my system. > > Alan > > > On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote: > >> My setup is extremely convoluted, I fear, so I will not submit this as a >> bug report. >> >> When I type at a link to an org-mode link (it is in another >> file), the following is seen in the minibuffer: >> >> Running less ...done >> >> I updated org-mode from git, and reset org-return-follows-path by >> customization, and this situation persists. >> >> Can anyone suggest where to look? >> >> Thank you, >> >> Alan Davis >> > >