Hi Just wanted to report a small bug in org-file-url-p, regarding its use of ffap-url-regexp. The documentation for ffap-url-regexp states: Regexp matching the beginning of a URI, for ffap. If the value is nil, disable URL-matching features in ffap. I have it set to nil in my setup, to disable url-matching, and this causes org-file-url-p to pass on nil in (string-match-p ffap-url-regexp file), thus causing string-match-p do die with an error. Othe code in ffap uses and to test the value of ffap-url-regexp before passing it on as in: (and ffap-url-regexp (string-match-p ffap-url-regexp file)) -- Peder Stray