* Org Spreadsheet Documentation Suggestion
@ 2020-06-20 19:26 Michael Partridge
From: Michael Partridge @ 2020-06-20 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In the spreadshconfidentendlyeet intro
<https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-spreadsheet-intro.html> under
"Column formulas and field formulas" starting with "Finally, we can add the
row for the means per discipline..." there is no walkthrough and thus a
great teaching opportunity missed.

I take it the writer intended for the reader to imply that we apply a
similar formula using the row notation, and if they need a hint they can
review the 'TBLFM' line. But, I would've liked to have discussion as to:
  1. Why the writer explicitly marked the cells instead of just using
'vmean(@2..@4)'?
  2. How to repeat this formula on the next cell in the row (the previous
methods don't seem to work).

This would complete the tutorial and would have allowed me to jump right
into my task confidently (save the fact that the Calc manual link is
broken).

MCP