* Re: bug#7506: Replacement for 'htmlize-region-for-past using htmlfontify?
       [not found]   ` <AANLkTikPFTB3EDrapy_cVf8S+6Mpt3qBMS+LADiUuEFa@mail.gmail.com>
       [not found]     ` <19699.616.530015.722088@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2020-11-19  4:56     ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-11-19  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: 7506-done, Org-mode, Stefan Monnier, Vivek Dasmohapatra

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Stefan Monnier
> <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>> Could we please add a replacement for  'htmlize-region-for-past using
>>> htmlfontify?
>>
>> I don't know what is "htmlize-region-for-past(e?)".  Care to give us
>> some context?
>
> I have never used it, but it is used by org-mode when it exports code
> fragment in an org-mode file to html. That will show the syntax
> coloring (make by font-lock) in the exported html code.
>
> Unfortunately it is a little bit of work to implement this in
> htmlfontify if I remember correctly (I am addinng Vivek to the
> recievers of this message). Htmlfontify always puts the css code in
> the header, i.e. it produces a full html file.

The above feature request for `org-html-htmlize-region-for-paste' has
been sitting in the Emacs bug tracker for 10 years.  It seems like no
one on our side has taken an interest in it.

I am now closing this bug in our tracker with a copy to the Org-mode
mailing list, in the hope that someone there will be able to determine
what, if anything, should be done about this.

I hope this doesn't waste any time for the Org-mode maintainers or
anyone else; please feel free to just ignore this email if it is not of
interest.

Thanks.

@ 2010-11-29  2:13       ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2010-11-29  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 7506

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

> [...]>
>> I have never used it, but it is used by org-mode when it exports code
>> fragment in an org-mode file to html. That will show the syntax
>> coloring (make by font-lock) in the exported html code.
>
> How on earth do you expect anyone to figure out what you meant from
> your initial report? "org-html uses htmlize; now that there is an
> htmlfontify package in Emacs, it would be good to use that instead."
>
> Once again: please take more time when composing your bug reports.
> It wastes everbody's time having to play 20 questions.

Sorry if it seemed to confusing. If you knew what
htmlize-region-for-paste does then it probably would be easy to
understand.

Anyway I hope this is something Vivek can figure out how to fix.