I think it can be useful to write file: in the org-mode file, to make a clear distinction from internal links. But once it is clear that something is a link to a file, I guess you are right that it might not be needed in HTML. We will see what breaks..... Carsten On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Kaushal Modi writes: > > > I don't see why "file://" would be useful in html exports > > OK. Il remove the file:// scheme specifications then. > > > (or pdf, md, etc). > > Well, those are not related to network based protocols. Does it really > make a difference in those cases? > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >