Hi Adam, here is a new patch with does do this correctly. Cheers Carsten On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote: > Hi Adam, > > and just after I send this, I now see that the faces of the headings > in the path are now wrong - so you probably already had gone down > this path. Sorry for the noise, need to come up with something better. > > Carsten > > On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote: > >> Hi Adam, >> >> thanks for adding the option to reverse the outline path. Great thinking >> about using a different separator for the reversed path! >> >> It mostly works - however, if the window is too narrow, the abbreviation >> ellipses are now applied to the most recent heading instead of to the last >> one shown. It would be better to reverse the outline path before sending >> it into org-format-outline-path, which also saves you the pain to split and >> rejoin the path string. >> >> Please find attached a patch that makes this change. It also removes the >> dependence on the string library which is, I think, not by default >> available in Emacs. >> >> Thanks >> >> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Adam Porter wrote: >> >>> Carsten Dominik writes: >>> >>> Hi Carsten, >>> >>> > I am wondering if you would consider the possibility to show on only >>> > the most recent heading, but, space permitting, the outline path - >>> > maybe in reverse order as to keep the sticky heading itself in the >>> > left-most column. >>> >>> That's a great idea, I will add that. Thanks. >>> >>> >>> >> >