emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug: 9.4.4 - ob-sql inserts page break (^L) in first cell of results table and truncates some column names
@ 2021-03-24 19:23 Niall Dooley
From: Niall Dooley @ 2021-03-24 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using ob-sql for the first time.  It works great and I no longer need to
deal with the ugly output from the SQL command line.

However, I noted that after submitting a query the first cell (first
column name) of the results table includes a page break (^L).  I use the
purcell/page-break-lines package [1] and this resulted in the table
layout being distorted.  Once I disabled that mode the table was no
longer distorted but I could see the ^L in the first cell.

I also noted that some column names are truncated. Oddily, it doesn not
appear to be based on length as some that are truncated are very short
only three characters yet others which are much longer are not.

Thanks for your time.

[1]: https://github.com/purcell/page-break-lines