Hello, Well, actually, it seems that I did not understand anything at all :-) Sorry about that, but I am new to the source code, and it is not very clear to me. So if I try to summarize what I have got: - In the past, what I could see with the standard 'M-x fill-region' over paragraphs or lists with empty lines between each inner items, was probably performed thanks to several calls to org-fill-paragraph. Removing the org-fill-paragraph-separate-nobreak-p function simply highlights that I was fortunate to use it this way before, and there is just no org-fill-region. - There are no unit tests, nor past discussions about how different text block contents should be filled with this new function Please tell if I am still wrong, and otherwise I gonna try to implement some unit tests over different cases I may think about. Have a nice day, 2015-11-30 15:53 GMT+01:00 Nicolas Goaziou : > Hello, > > Steve Moreau writes: > > > Thanks for you answer. > > OK, I understand. That explains why I needed to add blank lines between > > list items before to fill region, such as: > > > > - item1 > > > > - item2 > > > > This is a new paragraph > > > > I have 2 more questions for you please. > > Let say I would like to give a hand and try to improve the > org-fill-region > > to deal with this case. > > Actually, there is nothing to improve. It needs to be built from > scratch. There is no function in Org to fill a region ATM. > > > - Would it be local to fill-region only, as I would suspect, or would it > > put a mess around because it is used in some other contexts I am not > aware > > of, and would it be something interesting for the org-mode according > > to you? > > I think we should bind M-q to org-fill-paragraph. This function could > delegate the work to `org-fill-region' when a region is active. > > > - If you wanted to develop it, would you surround it with a when > condition > > so that user can disable it? > > Why would someone want to disable it? > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >