emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Fredrik Salomonsson <plattfot@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Question about org agenda views
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 19:28:12 -0700	[thread overview]

I got a few questions regarding `org-agenda-list`, I hope this is the right
place to ask about them.

First of some background to my problem. I've been using org-agenda-super to
group my things in the agenda view, for example all todos for that day into
one group, all low priority into another. With that the todo keyword and
priority are redundant and just clutters the agenda view. And I don't
really need to see the tags in that view. I do want to see them in other
views, for example when listing all todos or when searching.

Today I decided to remove them from the agenda view, which was easier said
than done.

I found the `org-agenda-remove-tags` variable to remove the tags and if I
set `org-agenda-todo-keyword-format` to `""` that removed the todo
keywords. But I couldn't figure out how to limit them to only
`org-agenda-list`. And I didn't find any setting to remove the priority.
What came close was to define a custom command and add those to the
settings of that.

After many different attempts I ended up using :transformer in
org-agenda-super and defined a function that just stripped out the todo
keywords, priority and tags for each header. It's in my config [1] in the
org-agenda-super block. But I feel there must be a better way of doing this.

So my questions are:

1: Is there a way to add settings to `org-agenda-list` similar to
`org-agenda-custom-commands`?
2: Is there a setting to remove the priority?

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/plattfot/dotemacs/blob/emacs27/init.d/configuration.org#org

--