Hi, I am also getting this error. It's fixable only by re-installing org from a emacs -q, I assumed because files on the agenda file list are visited before org is fully installed? Unfortunately, this also occurs with a fresh install of Emacs (re-installing all packages), but I'm not sure why. I'd assumed it's because of the agenda file list, but that doesn't exist at that point. I will try these days to get a minimal config to reproduce the issue, and will respond again. Best, Tim On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 5:37 AM Jarmo Hurri wrote: > > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > Jarmo Hurri writes: > > > >> Greetings. > >> > >> I just installed (stable) 9.5. from GNU ELPA, and tried to see what my > >> agenda for today looks like. The agenda is empty, and I got error > >> > >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-function (date date)) > >> > >> with backtrace > >> > >> (date date)() > >> org-agenda-get-day-entries("/home/jarmo/projects/gtd/faq.org" (10 > >> 2 2021) :deadline :scheduled :timestamp :sexp) > > > > Looks like garbled installation. Can you try to re-install Org? > > Hello Ihor. > > This morning the install instructions on orgmode.org had changed from > yesterday: they now pointed to the manual, which contains the text > > Important: You need to do this in a session where no ‘.org’ file has > been visited, i.e., where no Org built-in function have been > loaded. Otherwise autoload Org functions will mess up the installation. > > I reinstalled from "emacs -q", and my error disappeared. So thank you > very much. > > Have fun and stay safe. > > Jarmo > > >