On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > Aloha all, > > I've cobbled together an exporter for the Tufte LaTeX classes, which I'd > like to contribute to Org mode contrib/. A brief description of the > derived backend can be found below, and I've attached the > ox-tufte-latex.el file for the review described on > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html. Hi Tom, Just gave this a whirl and am not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I think I have all of the required LaTeX packages.[1] I may have missed it, but I didn't see instructions that explicitly stated how to export the file tufte-latex.org. I assumed I could just =C-c C-e l p= like a typical LaTeX/pdf export? I've attached the output of *Org PDF LaTeX Ouput* if that shows what might have happened. It's *pretty* close, but the helix doesn't appear in the margin and the commands \mainmatter, \backmatter, etc. aren't registering. I added the path ~/.elisp/tufte-org-mode to .emacs and also accepted the local variables with "y" when I started .emacs and opened the file. For another check, I looked at TexLive 2016's tufte-latex-book.cls: ``` $ head .texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tufte-latex/tufte-book.cls \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}[1994/06/01] %% note; handout is the same at v3.5.2 \ProvidesClass{tufte-book}[2015/06/21 v3.5.2 Tufte-book class] ``` I think that should meet the > v3.2 requirement (also looks like the linked website is up to 3.5.2, so that seems to match with me being up to date). Anyway, hope that's a fair amount of information to help start the troubleshooting process! Thanks, John [1] note on that: xparse in TexLive appears to be provided by l3packages, as an FYI. I tried `tlmgr install xparse` and got a warning that it wasn't in the repository. Just a heads up potentially for the docs? > I've been using the derived backend for a while now and am happy with > how it is working. The Tufte LaTeX classes (especially the book class) > require quite a bit of set up to work optimally, and I'll be sharing > what I've learned along these lines in the next couple of weeks. Org > mode is a great tool for authoring Tufte LaTeX documents! > > All the best, > Tom