Hi Timothy, I have attached a patch with some modifications and a bunch of comments (as footnotes). More replies in line. Thank you for all your work on this! Tom > Marking this as depreciated would have no effect on Org’s current behaviour, but we could: > > Mark as depreciated now-ish > Add a utility to convert from TeX-style to LaTeX-style > Add org lint/fortification warnings > A while later (half a decade? more?) actually remove support In favor of this. There are good alternatives for this now. > The other component of the syntax which feels particularly awkward to me is source block switches. They seem a bit odd, and since arguments exist, completely redundant. Extremely in favor of removing switches. There are so many better ways to do this now that aren't like some eldritch unix horror crawling up out of the abyss and into the eBNF :)