(Nicolas, forgot to send this to the list so apologies if you get this twice) On Thursday, 8 Jun 2017 at 12:36, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Macros are expanded prior to Babel code evaluation—they can make nice > shortcuts for long Babel calls—so they have to obey to the same rules as > Babel code evaluation, which ignores ":noexport:" directive. I do Ah, okay, this is a reasonable use case for ignoring the noexport directive. Thanks for this. > Of course, if we accept to limit more macro expansion scope, we get more > latitude in choosing the position of the expansion stage during the > export process. I'm open to discussions about it, and more generally, > about macros' features. Consistency is the most important feature, in many ways, especially as the (eco-)system grows. For my own use case, the little bit of elisp posted earlier is sufficient for me so I'm happy with the current configuration, especially as I like hiding babel blocks in non-exported subtrees but still want them executed on export. Thanks again, eric -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.6-425-gf4fca1