Hi Allen, > The question here is, which behavior do we want? My philosphy is that > programs shouldn’t try to silently re-interpret the user’s intentions. > For example, if I accidentally mistyped the tag “green_blue” as > “green-blue”, I don’t want Org to “helpfully” split one tag into two > tags “green:blue”. I may not realize the data corruption until too > late. > > If we want the other behavior (invalid tag characters can separate > tags), then it’s also a simple matter of changing crm-separator wherever > only tags are completed to recognize all invalid tag characters. > > There’s also the option to only allow “:” and “,” as separators. > > Whichever behavior we choose, I don’t think it’s worth making it customizable. Reading your thoughts I’m inclined to agree, perhaps it’s best if we settle on a set of “sensible” separation characters, document them, and leave it at that. NoWayman, what do you think of that? All the best, Timothy