On 2020-09-17, TEC wrote: > Hi All, > > This just replaces the current `org-html--build-meta-info' with a > cleaner, more extensible (I also added a new variable) > version. Please give it a look and let me know what you think! Hi Timothy, yes, I agree that org-html--build-meta-info needs work, and the HTML backend would benefit from more documentation. Back then [1], I wondered which parts of meta data need to be treated how. That was continued in thread [2]. As pointed out back then, using org-export-data on the title is wrong as it creates nested elements, leading to invalid HTML. Currently, org-element-interpret-data is applied for author information, while description and keywords are treated differently. Your patch goes for org-html-encode-plain-text in the new function org-html--build-meta-entry, which (if I’m not mistaken) produces author and description. Did you think about using org-element-interpret-data instead? What if that was used? I believe this to be an important question as it might affect backward compatibility and should be documented. Does this really work for you? For the author, first org-html--build-meta-entry gets called from the new defcustom. The result is assigned with setq to form, which then is non-nil so that org-html--build-meta-entry is applied again, leading to an error here. Besides, did you forget keywords or remove them on purpose? Best wishes Jens [1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-09/msg00193.html [2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-02/msg00368.html