emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Org-Crypt and HTML export
@ 2020-09-23  5:29 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-09-23  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I take it that, when you do an HTML export on an Org file, it is assumed
that all items that have been encrypted with org-crypt will have been
decrypted, correct?

Is there a way to create an HTML file with Org that includes some
encrypted data to be decrypted by whoever views the file (with
appropriate password)?

--
David Masterson

* Re: Org-Crypt and HTML export
@ 2020-09-23  7:03 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> I take it that, when you do an HTML export on an Org file, it is assumed
> that all items that have been encrypted with org-crypt will have been
> decrypted, correct?

Is it what you get?

> Is there a way to create an HTML file with Org that includes some
> encrypted data to be decrypted by whoever views the file (with
> appropriate password)?

Nope, unless someone coded this in some corner of the web.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-Crypt and HTML export
@ 2020-09-23 21:17   ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2020-09-23 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> I take it that, when you do an HTML export on an Org file, it is assumed
>> that all items that have been encrypted with org-crypt will have been
>> decrypted, correct?
>
> Is it what you get?

I get you -- my mistake for not trying it more.  I'm still figuring
org-crypt out.

>> Is there a way to create an HTML file with Org that includes some
>> encrypted data to be decrypted by whoever views the file (with
>> appropriate password)?
>
> Nope, unless someone coded this in some corner of the web.

Rats.  Thanks.

--
David Masterson