unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
@ 2020-09-16  9:04 Bastien
  2020-09-16 15:51 ` Bastien
                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-16  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Dear all,

non-subscribers messages sent to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org are currently
moderated by Austin, Mikael and me.

We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

The task is to check the mailman administration page and to discard
messages that should not be sent to the list, while allowing those
sent by non-subscribers who ask relevant questions.

If you want to help with this, please reply to me only.  I think 3
more persons would be enough for now.

Thanks!

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
  2020-09-16  9:04 Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list Bastien
@ 2020-09-16 15:51 ` Bastien
  2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
  2020-09-23  7:05 ` Bastien
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-16 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

Thanks to everyone who responded!  We are now 9 persons moderating
the list, that helps a lot.

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
  2020-09-16  9:04 Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list Bastien
  2020-09-16 15:51 ` Bastien
@ 2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
  2020-09-23  6:26   ` Jeremie Juste
  2020-09-23  7:05 ` Bastien
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dominique Dumont @ 2020-09-21 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

On mercredi 16 septembre 2020 11:04:42 CEST Bastien wrote:
> The task is to check the mailman administration page and to discard
> messages that should not be sent to the list, while allowing those
> sent by non-subscribers who ask relevant questions.

For what's it's worth, I use listadmin [1] to moderate a few Debian mailing 
list. 

I feel this is much faster than checking mailman pages: I run listadmin in a 
terminal and then mostly hit return to discard spam.

HTH

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/listadmin/




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
  2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
@ 2020-09-23  6:26   ` Jeremie Juste
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-09-23  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Dumont; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Dominique,

Many thanks for this info. I'll give it a try.

Best regards,
Jeremie


Dominique Dumont <dominique.dumont@netc.fr> writes:

> Hi
>
> On mercredi 16 septembre 2020 11:04:42 CEST Bastien wrote:
>> The task is to check the mailman administration page and to discard
>> messages that should not be sent to the list, while allowing those
>> sent by non-subscribers who ask relevant questions.
>
> For what's it's worth, I use listadmin [1] to moderate a few Debian mailing 
> list. 
>
> I feel this is much faster than checking mailman pages: I run listadmin in a 
> terminal and then mostly hit return to discard spam.
>
> HTH
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/listadmin/


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list
  2020-09-16  9:04 Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list Bastien
  2020-09-16 15:51 ` Bastien
  2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
@ 2020-09-23  7:05 ` Bastien
  2 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mfo

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> We could use the help of more mailing list maintainers.

Thanks for those who volunteered!  

We now have 8 moderators, it really helps.

I'm closing this call for help right now.

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-09-23  7:06 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-09-16  9:04 Help with moderating non-subscribers messages on the Org mailing list Bastien
2020-09-16 15:51 ` Bastien
2020-09-21 16:31 ` Dominique Dumont
2020-09-23  6:26   ` Jeremie Juste
2020-09-23  7:05 ` Bastien

unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/orgmode/0 orgmode/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 orgmode orgmode/ https://yhetil.org/orgmode \
		emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index orgmode

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.emacs.orgmode
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git