emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm>
To: c.buhtz@posteo.jp
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Use-case: simple nodes and todo-list
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 11:30:43 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,
On Fri, Oct 09 2020, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> 1. Simple notes with keywords and endless time to life
> I have notes (most of them as post-its on the wall and monitor
> in my
> office) with information's I am not able or willing to remember.
> But I
> need this information's every few days. e.g. numbers for
> bank-account,
> projects, persons
> I find this information's by place (post-it glued to a specific
> place in
> my office). When they are digitized I would use keywords or
> in-text
> search. e.g. searching for the project name "my project" to find
> its
> number.

Yes, Org can definitely do this, though in this particular case,
I'm not sure Org really has any advantage over using just plain
text files or say markdown files. (The advantage of Org would be
in the integration that would be possible with other parts of your
setup.)

I personally have something similar: a bunch of files in which I
keep notes of things I may need in the future. I keep them in Org
format and I search them with Deft:
<https://jblevins.org/projects/deft/>. (Though I do not follow the
advice on that page of using Melpa Stable. I just use the Melpa
version.) Of course, searching them can also be done with grep (or
one of its alternatives, ripgrep, ag, etc.) and an Emacs frontend
(ivy, helm, what have you).

> 2.ToDo List without time information's

Yes, you can create todo-lists without time information. You can
attach a deadline to a task, but you don't have to. You can also
create multiple TODO-states (e.g., TODO, INPROGRESS, SUSPENDED,
DONE, etc.) and set different priorities.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments