emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
@ 2022-06-20 16:00 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-20 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

The following line

torus $\mathbb T^3$ in the Sobolev spaces $H^m(\mathbb T^3)$.

Is translated to

torus \(\mathbb T^3\) in the Sobolev spaces \(H^m(\mathbb T^3)\)

Instead of

Is this a missing feature, or do I miss something here?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
@ 2022-06-21  3:18 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> The following line
>

> torus $\mathbb T^3$ in the Sobolev spaces $H^m(\mathbb T^3)$.
>
> Is translated to
>
> torus \(\mathbb T^3\) in the Sobolev spaces \(H^m(\mathbb T^3)\)
>
> Instead of

> Is this a missing feature, or do I miss something here?

See org-html-with-latex. We use mathjax syntax for LaTeX export by
default

Best,
Ihor

* Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
@ 2022-06-21  4:30   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-21  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> The following line
>>

>> torus $\mathbb T^3$ in the Sobolev spaces $H^m(\mathbb T^3)$.
>>
>> Is translated to
>>
>> torus \(\mathbb T^3\) in the Sobolev spaces \(H^m(\mathbb T^3)\)
>>
>> Instead of

>> Is this a missing feature, or do I miss something here?

> See org-html-with-latex. We use mathjax syntax for LaTeX export by
> default

I see, but that means, the exported wiki cannot be used say for
wikipedia since it uses mediawiki syntax for math.

Does anybody knows about a 3rd party package providing support for mediawiki?

I realized that pandoc supports mediawiki, but I don't need a new file I
just want to save into a buffer. I have to think about it.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
@ 2022-06-21  4:42     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> See org-html-with-latex. We use mathjax syntax for LaTeX export by
>> default
>
> I see, but that means, the exported wiki cannot be used say for
> wikipedia since it uses mediawiki syntax for math.
>
> Does anybody knows about a 3rd party package providing support for mediawiki?

You just need a custom export filter for latex fragments in
org-export-filter-latex-fragment-functions.

Or, if you think that mediawiki math export is common enough, we may
implement mediawiki support as an additional option in
org-html-with-latex. But we will need other people to voice their
support.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
@ 2022-06-21  4:59       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-21  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode