Timothy writes: >>> Sure. Just trying to clarify my confusion. The inconsistency with some >>> defcustoms using :version and some not is bugging me. >> >> Agreed. It would be better to be consistent with this. > > Given that org-mode is distributed separately to Emacs, and I get the impression > having a newer org-mode version that Emacs version is not uncommon, I think it > would make sense to have /just/ org-mode version tags. I have just updated the :package-version tags in the new and changed variables in Org 9.6. https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=5a10517d021acba071cd4a2c3b90de84c8e9f3cb I also plan to push the attached change to org-maintenance document in WORG. I think we can replace the old :package keywords as needed, similar to the Emacs' whitespace policy. Let me know if there are any objections.