Hello Eric, On 2020-06-15 10:20, Eric S Fraga writes: > On Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 17:02, Alan Schmitt wrote: >> This is the crux of the issue: there does not seem to be any way to >> generate a multi-line header. And this causes problems with LaTeX. > > Is the problem solvable in LaTeX? Does \makeatletter expect to be on a > single line? As I said before, I've seldom played with @ variables or > functions in LaTeX. However, I had the impression that LaTeX was quite > robust with respect to whitespace & newlines. You're right, it should work in a single line. I don't what I did that made it fail, and I no longer can reproduce it. Sorry for the noise. Best, Alan