emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-tables with monetary amounts
@ 2020-09-22 14:57 Daniele Nicolodi
From: Daniele Nicolodi @ 2020-09-22 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I often use org-tables to work with monetary amounts. It would be very
nice to have a couple of functionalities common in this domain:

- fixed precision arithmetic, namely derive the precision of the results
from the precision of the arguments (I think that calc can do this),

- support for parsing numbers followed by currencies,

- correct alignment for monetary values.

I had a quick look around, but I haven't found anything that implements
those things. Has anyone some secret code that they would like to share?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dan