Hi Ihor, > I am attaching a tentative patch that will make Org export remove > zero-width spaces when those spaces actually separate the object > boundaries. > > Any objections? IMO this is an immanently sensible idea. I added an export filter like this to my config basically as soon as I found out about zero-width spaces. One minor quibble, I find the name mildly misleading. When you say “escaped” I think of escaped characters, which isn’t really connected to what the zero width does. I’d personally be inclined to call the zero width space an “invisible semantic separator”. > +(defun org-export–remove-escaped (data info) > + “Remove escape symbols from plain-text in DATA. > +DATA is a parse tree or a secondary string. INFO is a plist > +containing export options. It is modified by side effect and > +returned by the function.” How about: ┌──── │ (defun org-export--remove-semantic-separators (data info) │ "Remove Org-specific semantic separators from plain-text in DATA. │ DATA is a parse tree or a secondary string. INFO is a plist │ containing export options. It is modified by side effect and │ returned by the function." └──── All the best, Timothy