Ihor Radchenko writes: > Max Nikulin writes: > >>> I do not think that it is a good idea. We currently promise to use the >>> first function in the list to generate the IDs. Other functions are >>> mostly a fallback to catch the existing attach dirs created in the past >>> using different ID scheme. >> >> My idea is to add an extra check that filters out nil values. I do not >> mind to signal a user error if first entry from >> `org-attach-id-to-path-function-list' returns nil and paths returned by >> other function do not exist. > > This would be possible, in addition to the patch above. > Or do you mean the default ts/uuid format functions to return nil to > short IDs as well? The new version of the patch allows all but first function return nil. See the attached. Let me know if there are any other objections.