Stefano Ghirlanda writes: > I have run into an inconvenience in that colons in :var header > arguments to source blocks are invariably interpreted as referring to > another file. However, I use cleveref in LaTeX export (via org-ref) to > automatically format references using labels like tab:data, and in > these cases :var data=tab:data gives a reference not found because tab > is interpreted as a filename. I agree that it is a problem. Attaching tentative patch that will make Org babel fall back to searching in current file when FILE in FILE:REF does not exist. It is technically a breaking change. If this is affecting someone's workflow, please chime in.