arozbiz@gmail.com writes: > I'm just getting into Emacs/Org-Mode. It's clearly an amazing system and > the linking via UUID is very useful. My question is: why is linking by UUID > (and, more generally, the creation of properties drawers) limited to > headlines, and not to sub-elements like list elements or paragraphs? > Doesn't all the necessary structural information exist to assign UUIDs to > everything? > > The reason I'm asking is that getting into Org-Roam, the linking for which > relies on Org UUIDs for headlines. If UUIDs were available for all elements > of an Org file, that will allow for more granular linking behavior. You can use <> to make it possible to link to any place in a document. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken