Hello Richard, On 2021-06-07 11:17, Richard Lawrence writes: > whoa, that's a weird behavior, but it seems not to be a bug. I learned > something today! > > It looks like some Emacs implementations don't support dates after > 2038-1-1, so Org doesn't let you specify them by default. See the > variable `org-read-date-force-compatible-dates'. I think you want to set > this variable to nil. Thanks a lot for pointing to this variable, its docstring is quite interesting. I’m trying the workaround suggested (using a diary sexp, i.e., "<%%(diary-date 2039 4 2)>" in my case), but I cannot test it (the agenda for that date won’t build, at the date is outside the range). I guess this will be fixed by then ;) Best, Alan