Hi Matt, > I’m interested in getting async into ob-shell.el. Since I’ve never contributed >before, I figure it’d be good to start with a few easy tasks. Fantastic! Great to hear from you, and I hope it goes well. Feel free to send further emails for if you get stuck. If you intend to do more than just one or two small tweaks (it sounds like you have bigger plans than that), you’ll need what’s known as [FSF copyright assignment]. Have you done that yet? > It looks to me like the stdin and cmdline header args aren’t documented anywhere > (at least I couldn’t find anything). To make sure I’m using them correctly > before making a patch for the manual, here are some tests. Great! I’m not overly familiar with these, so I’ll leave other people to take a look at the tests you’ve written, but your approach sounds good. 👍 > Please let me know if things look okay. It wasn’t clear to me how to send along > a message with git send-email, so I formatted these patches and included them as > an attachment. Is that fine? Patches attached to an email are perfectly fine here. Thanks for getting in touch, and I hope to see you around 🙂. All the best, Timothy [FSF copyright assignment]