In a minor mode I wrote for myself, I use add-text-properties to make certain things invisible. This does not work in org-mode, and I don't understand why. For instance, the following has no effect in when the buffer is in org-mode (and only when it's in org mode): (add-text-properties 1 3 '(invisible t)) Any other text property I try to add does not give me any problem. I have also tried to achieve the same by adding things to buffer-invisibility-spec, but again, the following has no effect whatsoever, if in org-mode: (add-text-properties 1 3 '(invisible hide-this-stuff)) (add-to-invisibility-spec '(hide-this-stuff)) Can anyone give me a hint as to what is going on? Thank you.