emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-table  in comment environments
@ 2022-06-21 12:27 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-21 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I have a org-table in a comment environment, since I don't want to export it.

However you can I edit the table using org-table commands, orgtbl-mode
is ignored, so what shall I do?

That seems as a stupid question, but I can't find its obvious answer.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: org-table  in comment environments
@ 2022-06-21 12:48 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I have a org-table in a comment environment, since I don't want to export it.
>
> However you can I edit the table using org-table commands, orgtbl-mode
> is ignored, so what shall I do?
>
> That seems as a stupid question, but I can't find its obvious answer.

Everything inside comment is considered verbatim.

I recommend to hide such table inside drawer and set
org-export-with-drawers appropriately.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-table  in comment environments
@ 2022-06-22  9:34   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-22  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> I have a org-table in a comment environment, since I don't want to
>> export it.
>>
>> However you can I edit the table using org-table commands, orgtbl-mode
>> is ignored, so what shall I do?
>>
>> That seems as a stupid question, but I can't find its obvious answer.

> Everything inside comment is considered verbatim.

> I recommend to hide such table inside drawer and set
> org-export-with-drawers appropriately.

Thanks, any type of drawer in particular?

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: org-table  in comment environments
@ 2022-06-22 11:05     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-22 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> I recommend to hide such table inside drawer and set
>> org-export-with-drawers appropriately.
>
> Thanks, any type of drawer in particular?

Feel free to consult the docstring of org-export-with-drawers

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-table  in comment environments
@ 2022-06-22 11:58       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-22 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, emacs-orgmode