emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-verse-num:  display verse numbers within a verse block
@ 2022-08-07 12:53 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-08-07 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode; +Cc: emacs-humanities

Hi all,

I've added some minor improvements to my little package 'org-verse-num',
which was born out of necessity in my translation to spanish
(work-in-progress) of Homer's Odyssey (11600 verses spread over 24
books):

https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

org-verse-num includes some functions and a minor mode to aid in
navigating through (very) long poems within an Org-mode verse block. It
displays verse numbers sequentially (avoiding empty lines between
stanzas) and you can also move the cursor to a specific verse number.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com

https://gnutas.juanmanuelmacias.com

* Re: org-verse-num: display verse numbers within a verse block
@ 2022-08-07 13:39 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-08-07 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: orgmode, emacs-humanities

    > Hi all, I've added some minor improvements to my little package
    > 'org-verse-num', which was born out of necessity in my translation
    > to spanish (work-in-progress) of Homer's Odyssey (11600 verses
    > spread over 24 books):

    > https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

Your site tells me to turn JavaScript, enable Cookies and complete a
CAPTCHA, all of which I refuse to do.

Do you have an alternative web-site?

* Re: org-verse-num: display verse numbers within a verse block
@ 2022-08-07 13:55   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-07 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: Juan Manuel Macías, orgmode, emacs-humanities

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

>     > https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num
>
> Your site tells me to turn JavaScript, enable Cookies and complete a
> CAPTCHA, all of which I refuse to do.
>
> Do you have an alternative web-site?

While I understand your frustration, please note that you really do not
need to open GitLab/GitHub links in browser. All you need to do is

 git clone https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

And then open README.org in Emacs.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org-verse-num: display verse numbers within a verse block
@ 2022-08-07 14:22   ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-08-07 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: orgmode, Ihor Radchenko

Colin Baxter writes:

> Your site tells me to turn JavaScript, enable Cookies and complete a
> CAPTCHA, all of which I refuse to do.
>
> Do you have an alternative web-site?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I plan to set up my own GitLab instance in
the future, but I don't have time to do it anytime soon.

BTW, is there any proprietary JavaScript free alternative to
GitLab/GitHub? I would be very grateful for any recommendations.

(I noticed that my previous message was sent to the duplicate list.
Apologies for that).

@ 2022-08-07 14:44     ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2022-08-07 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: m43cap, orgmode, Ihor Radchenko

Hello Juan,

On Sunday,  7 Aug 2022 at 14:22, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:

> I've added some minor improvements to my little package 'org-verse-num',
> which was born out of necessity in my translation to spanish
> (work-in-progress) of Homer's Odyssey (11600 verses spread over 24
> books):

> https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

Many thanks for sharing.

> Sorry for the inconvenience. I plan to set up my own GitLab instance in
> the future, but I don't have time to do it anytime soon.
>
> BTW, is there any proprietary JavaScript free alternative to
> GitLab/GitHub? I would be very grateful for any recommendations.

https://sourcehut.org/ seems to gain popularity, but they charge a
fee. But it might still be less expensive than hosting your own gitlab
repository. (I have no affiliation with sourcehut and I am not an expert).

> (I noticed that my previous message was sent to the duplicate list.
> Apologies for that).

No problem for posting to two lists. I didn't know about emacs-humanities
<emacs-humanities@gnu.org>.

Best regards,
Jeremie

* Re: org-verse-num: display verse numbers within a verse block
@ 2022-08-07 15:16     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-07 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: m43cap, orgmode

For self-hosted solutions, you may check out https://gitea.io/en-us/

--

@ 2022-08-07 20:14     ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-08-07 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Juan Manuel Macías, orgmode, emacs-humanities

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> > https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num
    >>
    >> Your site tells me to turn JavaScript, enable Cookies and
    >> complete a CAPTCHA, all of which I refuse to do.
    >>
    >> Do you have an alternative web-site?

    > While I understand your frustration, please note that you really
    > do not need to open GitLab/GitHub links in browser. All you need
    > to do is

    >  git clone https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

Thank you. I had tried that git clone url, or at least I thought I had:
my attempt came back unknown. I can only assume I entered a incorrect
URL. I have now successfully cloned the repository, and it looks like
something I will use.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,