emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* ob-octave.el - org-babel-matlab-with-emacs-link
@ 2024-10-24 11:30 John Ciolfi via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: John Ciolfi via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2024-10-24 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

The code related to org-babel-matlab-with-emacs-link in ob-octave.el can be removed because MATLAB
no longer supports an external editor though the "link" method.

Would you like me to send in a patch or something?

I'm currently looking at improving the connection between matlab-mode,
https://github.com/mathworks/Emacs-MATLAB-Mode and org so that people can create polished papers or
thesis using org-mode babel and MATLAB.

Thanks

* Re: ob-octave.el - org-babel-matlab-with-emacs-link
@ 2024-10-24 11:45 ` John Ciolfi
From: John Ciolfi @ 2024-10-24 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, John Ciolfi

To use org with MATLAB, one needs to advise the org functions to change their behavior, and I'll like to eliminate that workaround, so I'd like to propose some changes, but am not clear on how to propose those changes.

Thanks
John

________________________________

@ 2024-10-24 14:50   ` Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2024-10-24 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Ciolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi John,

Have you had a look at

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html ?

The best way to suggest your changes is likely to write a patch and send
it to this mailing list.

For example, here is a recent discussion:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2024-10/threads.html#00212

Best regards,
Leo

@ 2024-10-24 14:57     ` John Ciolfi
From: John Ciolfi @ 2024-10-24 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Butler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks. I'll prepare a patch and send it along for consideration.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2024-10/threads.html#00212<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2024-10/threads.html#00212>