emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* passing variables to lilypond code blocks
@ 2021-02-18 11:42 Victor A. Stoichita
From: Victor A. Stoichita @ 2021-02-18 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I’m trying to understand how ob-lilypond handles variables.
I have the following minimal example which compiles correctly:
#+begin_src lilypond :file test.png :cache no
  myVar = { e f g}
  \relative c' { a b c d \myVar }
#+end_src

Can I move the definition of myVar to a header argument of the
source block?
When I write this:
#+begin_src lilypond :file test.png :cache no :var
 myVar="{ e f g }"
  \relative c' { a b c d \myVar }
#+end_src
The compiler complains: "unknown escaped string: `\myVar'".

This makes me think that myVar is not passed at all to the code
block. What is the correct way to do this?

I know that I can do it with noweb syntax. However, I would prefer
to use header args because I need those variables in all lilypond
code blocks. Ultimately, I plan to pass them from
org-babel-default-header-args:lilypond.

Victor

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-18 11:45 UTC | newest]