* noweb expansion when eval and not tangle?
@ 2021-02-19 23:00 George Mauer
From: George Mauer @ 2021-02-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I would like noweb to expand during eval but *not* tangle. Is this possible?

I realize I can achieve the same effect with multiple code blocks but it
seems an odd asymmetry to not be able to do this directly.

Is it possible and just not documented?

* Re: noweb expansion when eval and not tangle?
@ 2021-02-20  4:23 ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2021-02-20  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

George Mauer <gmauer@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like noweb to expand during eval but *not* tangle. Is this possible?
>
> I realize I can achieve the same effect with multiple code blocks but it
> seems an odd asymmetry to not be able to do this directly.
>
> Is it possible and just not documented?

It is indeed, and it's documented in
https://orgmode.org/manual/Noweb-Reference-Syntax.html.

‘eval’
    Expansion of noweb syntax references in the body of the code block only before evaluating.

--
Timothy.