emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Initial visibility documentation conflict
@ 2024-07-23 23:16 Matt M
From: Matt M @ 2024-07-23 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Just wanted to recommend a fix to a conflict in documentation.  (I haven't researched which is correct.)

Couldn't find it reported anywhere...

"When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to showeverything, i.e., all file content is visible." -- org mode manual 2.2.2 Initial visibility - https://orgmode.org/manual/Initial-visibility.html

"When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to OVERVIEW, i.e., only the top level headlines are visible." -- org mode guide 2.2 Visibility Cycling - https://orgmode.org/guide/Visibility-Cycling.html

Thanks!

* Re: Initial visibility documentation conflict
@ 2024-08-04 18:15 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-08-04 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Matt M <home42@protonmail.com> writes:

> Just wanted to recommend a fix to a conflict in documentation.  (I haven't researched which is correct.)
>
> Couldn't find it reported anywhere...
>
> "When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to showeverything, i.e., all file content is visible." -- org mode manual 2.2.2 Initial visibility - https://orgmode.org/manual/Initial-visibility.html
>
> "When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to OVERVIEW, i.e., only the top level headlines are visible." -- org mode guide 2.2 Visibility Cycling - https://orgmode.org/guide/Visibility-Cycling.html

Thanks for reporting!
Fixed, on bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?h=bugfix&id=2f572779e53d

--