unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?
@ 2020-09-15 20:36 swedebugia
  2020-09-15 22:54 ` Palak Mathur
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: swedebugia @ 2020-09-15 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I read:
https://orgmode.org/manual/Refile-and-Copy.html

But its unclear to me how to exclude a file from appearing in the
refile target cache.

My cache takes 13s to build and its too long for my taste. I have
archived all old notes now. I want to exclude my archive.org from the
refile targets. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers
swedebugia 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?
  2020-09-15 20:36 how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache? swedebugia
@ 2020-09-15 22:54 ` Palak Mathur
  2020-09-16  4:50   ` swedebugia
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Palak Mathur @ 2020-09-15 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swedebugia; +Cc: emacs-orgmode



Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 15, 2020, at 3:37 PM, swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> wrote:
> 
> Hi
> 
> I read:
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Refile-and-Copy.html
> 
> But its unclear to me how to exclude a file from appearing in the
> refile target cache.
> 
> My cache takes 13s to build and its too long for my taste. I have
> archived all old notes now. I want to exclude my archive.org from the
> refile targets. Is there a way to do that?
> 

You can use org-refile-targets to explicitly tell which files to include when you want to Copy and Refile. I am not near my computer, otherwise I would have shared an example. 

> Cheers
> swedebugia 
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?
  2020-09-15 22:54 ` Palak Mathur
@ 2020-09-16  4:50   ` swedebugia
  2020-09-16 23:33     ` Kyle Meyer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: swedebugia @ 2020-09-16  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Den Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:54:28 +0000
skrev Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target
cache?:

> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> > On Sep 15, 2020, at 3:37 PM, swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net>
> > wrote:
> > 
> > Hi
> > 
> > I read:
> > https://orgmode.org/manual/Refile-and-Copy.html
> > 
> > But its unclear to me how to exclude a file from appearing in the
> > refile target cache.
> > 
> > My cache takes 13s to build and its too long for my taste. I have
> > archived all old notes now. I want to exclude my archive.org from
> > the refile targets. Is there a way to do that?
> >   
> 
> You can use org-refile-targets to explicitly tell which files to
> include when you want to Copy and Refile. I am not near my computer,
> otherwise I would have shared an example. 

Thanks! This should be added in the manual page linked above I think.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache?
  2020-09-16  4:50   ` swedebugia
@ 2020-09-16 23:33     ` Kyle Meyer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-09-16 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swedebugia; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

swedebugia writes:

>> > On Sep 15, 2020, at 3:37 PM, swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net>
[...]
>> > I read:
>> > https://orgmode.org/manual/Refile-and-Copy.html
>> > 
>> > But its unclear to me how to exclude a file from appearing in the
>> > refile target cache.
[...]
>> You can use org-refile-targets to explicitly tell which files to
>> include when you want to Copy and Refile. I am not near my computer,
>> otherwise I would have shared an example.
>
> Thanks! This should be added in the manual page linked above I think.

That section does mention org-refile-targets under org-refile:

    By default, all level 1 headlines in the current buffer are
    considered to be targets, but you can have more complex definitions
    across a number of files.  See the variable ~org-refile-targets~ for
    details.

Is there something else in particular you'd like to see there?


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-09-16 23:34 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-09-15 20:36 how to exclude a file from appearing in the refile target cache? swedebugia
2020-09-15 22:54 ` Palak Mathur
2020-09-16  4:50   ` swedebugia
2020-09-16 23:33     ` Kyle Meyer

unofficial mirror of emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://yhetil.org/orgmode/0 orgmode/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 orgmode orgmode/ https://yhetil.org/orgmode \
		emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index orgmode

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.emacs.orgmode
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git