Following your suggestion, I am able to preview the latex snippets without any issue. I also tried removing org-fragtog from my config and previewing manually; I still get an org-element-cache error. I haven't yet seen emacs hang without org-fragtog, but I suspect that that is just because the latex previews are happening less frequently because I'm triggering them manually. Not sure. Ihor Radchenko writes: > Project writes: > >> I take class notes using latex. I >> use org-fragtog to automatically >> preview inline latex snippets as I type. My org documents are >> usually >> >> full of small snippets of latex: >> — >> E.G.: >> >> >> >> Basic Addition >> >> >> $5+5 = 5\( >> --- >> Lately, whenever I write a new latex snippet and move my >> cursor outside >> the two dollar >> signs, instead of rendering the latex, my entire emacs >> instance hangs. I then have to run "pkill emacs", >> restart the daemon, go >> back in and run "recover-this-file" to continue my work. > > Thanks for the report! > Does the problem happen if you run emacs without your config and > toggle > latex preview? (emacs -Q)