ian martins writes: > Let me know how it goes. Hello again. It seems that you have changed some classloader settings in the new code. I have examples which used to work perfectly; now they still compile, but fail to run, throwing exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError explained here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17973970/how-to-solve-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror I have attached a minimal example demontrating the problem. 1. You can see the error if you evaluate the code in the org file. Please observer that the submodule java file has been compiled to a class just fine. 2. If you untangle the org file, and then run javac LoadError.java java LoadError you should see that there is no problem with the code. This issue is critical for me, because a lot of code I have depends on other code (in git submodules). Can you please tell me how this proceeds? (I may have to roll back to an earlier org version soon.) All the best, Jarmo