emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Need absolute org-attach-id-dir to attach in buffers without filename
@ 2021-09-01 17:53 Nick Anderson
From: Nick Anderson @ 2021-09-01 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have an org-mode file that contains headings with attachments. When I
`org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize' I get an error, `"Need absolute
`org-attach-id-dir' to attach in buffers without filename"'.
`org-attach-id-dir' has the value `data/'. I get this error even when I
am in the buffer for the file, not simply a capture buffer. This seems
to come [from org-attach].

The buffer name is name of the file, but not named using the absolute
path to the file, is that why I am getting the error?

Looking at `buffer-file-name' while visiting the file indicates that the
value is the full path, but local in buffer it's not the full path and
the global value is nil.

Thanks

[from org-attach]
<https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/3af9e84ff59811734dcbb5d55e04e1fdb7051e77/lisp/org/org-attach.el#L394>

Nick Anderson

* Re: Need absolute org-attach-id-dir to attach in buffers without filename
@ 2021-10-01  9:27 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-01  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Anderson <nick@cmdln.org> writes:

> I have an org-mode file that contains headings with attachments. When I
> `org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize' I get an error, `"Need absolute
> `org-attach-id-dir' to attach in buffers without filename"'.
> `org-attach-id-dir' has the value `data/'. I get this error even when I
> am in the buffer for the file, not simply a capture buffer. This seems
> to come [from org-attach].

I cannot reproduce. Can you provide a recipe?

Best,
Ihor